pages written, maintained, and © by Atze
Utrecht Haskell Compiler
Precede by the SL type inferencer (SL_XTI), UHC will be a full Haskell
UHC related student projects
For students, projects like the following are available. The list is
a bit outdated but still not all projects have been realized in UHC.
- Code generation, e.g. for LVM
- Dictionaries for class instances
- Binding group analysis
- Existential types
- Record types
- Alternative ways of type inferencing: typings instead of types
- Optimizing type inferencing
- Higher ranked types
- Incorporation of techniques for better error reporting
- Performance comparison with other type inference implementations
- Incorporating the compiler (typechecker in particular) in the AG system
- Generation of HTML pages with clickable error messages
- Performance tuning, trying out different alternatives for heavily
used data structures
PaperAid authoring tool
PaperAid is a tool supporting the writing of papers. It provides support
for writing papers containing a lot of code in situations where this code
changes often (causing a versioning problem). PaperAid also allows the
creation of documents in different textual formats like LaTeX and Html.
PaperAid is based on ideas of the Skit
system. See the homepage of PaperAid for
an overview of its features, restrictions and current status (which is:
not yet released, under development).
PaperAid related student projects
For students, projects like the following are available:
- Making an integrated outline + flattened output editor
- Adding scriptability
- Subviews on existing outlines
- Searching, finding in outlines
Other student projects
- In Types
and Programming Languages by Benjamin Pierce all example compilers
have been written in and for OCaml. The projects consists of writing
the compilers in AG.
- Eclipse is an open source IDE (integrated
development environment) allowing all kinds of external software to
be integrated in the form of plugins. The project(s) consists of finding
out if AG, GHC, Hugs and other tools can be incorporated, and, if possible,
- Related to the AG (Attribute Grammar) system a variety of very small,
less small, and large and larger projects exist. These projects are
described in a separate document.
Java Lazy Parser Combinators
See jazy (and the obsolete jpc).
See also Skit
system home page.
- Atze Dijkstra, Martijn Schrage
and Doaitse Swierstra, 'SKIT, An Open Architecture for Courseware Authoring',
Proceedings of the 1999 Fronting in Education Conference, 1999, pp.
12c3-7 -12c3-12, IEEE Computer Society Press.
Download as pdf
or zipped postscript.
Also appeared as technical report UU-CS-1999-26.
- Atze Dijkstra, 'Onderwijsmateriaal
structureren en hergebruiken', Tijdschrift voor Informatica-Onderwijs,
Vol. 9, No. 1, maart 2000, pp. 8-13. In pdf
format (not the officially published one).
- Gert Florijn, Ernst Lippe,
Atze Dijkstra, Norbert van Oosterom and Doaitse Swierstra, 'Camera:
Cooperation in Open Distributed Environments', Proceedings of the EurOpen
and USENIX Spring 1992 Workshop/Conference, apr 1992, pp. 123-136.
- The (1994) documentation
of the prototype, pdf and postscript.