You will be redirected to the new homepage location in 5 seconds.
Please update your bookmarks
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Utrecht University.
Member of the Topology Group at Utrecht University.
3584 CD Utrecht
Email: I.weiss /at/ uu dot nl
My profiles on Academia and LinkedIn
January 2009 I am an assistant professor of mathematics at Utrecht
University, where I also completed my Ph.D. under the supervision of Ieke Moerdijk
. Before that I received my M.Sc. (cum laude) in mathematics from the Hebrew University
under the supervision of Emanuel Farjoun
. I received my B.Sc. in mathematics (cum laude) from the same institution.
I was born in Israel and have lived there for 26 years. I was involved in non-violent peace activities with the movement Ta'ayush
and I still strongly support efforts for the demilitarization of the Israeli society such as carried out by New Profile
. In 2003 I left Israel for a better future elsewhere, currently The Netherlands.
A short documantary about me for the TV program 'Werelds' is here
and with subtitles here
- Grondslagen van de Wiskunde (UU) - course information on Blackboard
- Wat is Wiskunde? (UU) - course information on Blackboard
- Analyse in Meer Variabelen (UU)
- Basic Mathematics - Algebra (UCU)
Topology, Operad Theory, Category Theory, (Abstract) Homotopy Theory.
More specifically: Dendroidal Sets, Dendroidal techniques in Mathematics, Physics, and
Computer Science. The geometric realization of dendroidal sets. Here
is a non-technical explanation of what dendroidal sets are (pdf file).
Here are some articles related (more or less directly) to dendroidal sets:
sets (Ieke Moerdijk and Ittay Weiss) (arXiv). Containing the basic definition and laying out the basic theory.
- On inner Kan complexes in the
category of dendroidal sets (Ieke Moerdijk and Ittay Weiss) (arXiv). Proving important properties of inner Kan dendroidal sets.
- From Operads to Dendroidal Sets
(Ittay Weiss). An introduction to and survey of the theory of
dendroidal sets in a conceptually self contained manner including
possible applications, future research directions, and a discussion of
the problem of geometric realization.
- Dold-Kan correspondence for dendroidal abelian groups (Andor Lukacs, Javier Gutiérrez, Ittay Weiss), Proving an extension of the Dold-Kan correspondence in the dendroidal setting.
- Dendroidal sets as models for homotopy operads (Denis-Charles Cisinski and Ieke Moerdijk).
Proving a Quillen model category structure on dendroidal sets where the
fibrant objects are precisely the inner Kan dendroidal sets.
- Feynman graphs, and nerve theorem for compact symmetric multicategories (Andre Joyal and Joachim Kock). A notion similar to dendroidal sets is developed for compact symmetric multicategories.
- Polynomial functors and trees (Joachim Kock). Another definition of the dendroidal category is given with motivation from polynomial functors.
- Familial 2-functors and parametric right adjoints (Mark Weber).
A general machinary is described that produces nerve type theorems, a
special case of which gives dendroidal sets and nerves of operads.
- 2-dendroidal sets and nerves of 2-operads. (Stefan Forcey). Taking dendroidal sets one dimension higher in order to capture nerves of strict 2-operads.
- A model category structure on the category of multicategories (Alexandru Stanculescu). Establishing a Dwyer-Kan type model structure extending results of Julie Bergner on simplicial categories.
- Higher Operads (Tom Fiore). Transcription of a talk given at the 2010 Graduate Student Topology and Geometry Conference presenting approaches to infinity operads.
Work in Progress:
- From Operads to Dendroidal Sets, to appear in an AMS Proceedings of Symoposia in Pure Mathematics volume on Quantum Field and Perturbative String Theory.
- Dold-Kan correspondence for dendroidal abelian groups (with Andor Lukacs and Javier Gutiérrez), accepted for publication in Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra.
- On inner Kan complexes in the
category of dendroidal sets (with Ieke Moerdijk), Advances in Mathematics (2009) (arXiv)
sets (with Ieke Moerdijk), Algebraic & Geometric Topology
- My Ph.D. thesis - Dendroidal Sets (2007)
- Infinitesimal Calculus - A textbook (in Hebrew), with Mike Hochman, Yonatan Harel, and Ofek Shilon (2006). A translation of the table of contents of the book is here (pdf file).
Recent Math Related Activities:
- Non-enriched operads and their homotopy (with Ludo Vromen)
- Dendroidal Homology (with Marti Szilagyi)
- The geometric realization of dendroidal sets
Some useful links for mathematicians:
- Detexify lets you draw a symbol and gives you the latex command for it.
- Mrlookup lets you quickly find references for articles (AMS based).
- BibDesk is a truly awesome bibtex client (Mac only) which among other things lets you easily import references from the web.