Paul Andries Zegeling
Name : Paul Andries Zegeling (Associate Professor)
Dept. : Mathematics
Address : Hans Freudenthal Building (room 513), Budapestlaan 6, De Uithof
Email : P.A.Zegeling AT uu DOT nl
Phone : 030-2533720
My H(irsch)-index = 18 (via google scholar citations) Here you can find an explanation of this number.
My i10-index = 26 (via google scholar citations) Here is an explanation of this number.
==> see also this page.
CWI/Shell project on Adaptive Grids: NWO-STW Project CWI 59.0922 (1987-1992)
Z(egeling)-numbers = 0, 4 AND 6
K(aplan)-number = Z
E(instein)-number = 5
G(auss)-number = 7
N(ewton)-number = oo
My research interests are
- numerical methods for ordinary and partial differential equations in general
- adaptive-grid methods and grid generation techniques
- moving-grid (r-refinement) methods in particular
- reaction-diffusion systems from chemistry, biology, pharmacy, archaeology(!), ...
- PDE models with solitons or (solitary) wave solutions (>= 4th-order spatial derivatives)
- boundary and internal layers, singular perturbations, asymptotics
- travelling wave analysis in time-dependent PDEs
- magneto-hydrodynamics and applications in astrophysics and plasmaphysics
- fractional boundary value- and initial value- problems
- models from hydrology; especially multiple phase flows and dynamic capillary effects
- stability analysis using the Evans function
I AM CO-AUTHOR/EDITOR OF THE BOOK (April 2011):
HET VUUR VAN VVU
Massive Parallel Computing Cluster Project (1996-2000)
Rapid Changes in Complex Flows (2001-2003)
Basic Research in Informatics for Creating the Knowledge Society (2004-2009): BRICKS
NWO-EW (wiskunde-toegepast): PhD-student Arthur van Dam (2004-2009), Adaptive moving grids for hyperbolic conservation laws
CSC-UU: PhD-student Guanghui Hu (2008), Simulating finger phenomena in porous media with moving finite elements
NUPUS (2007-2015), Non-linearities and upscaling in porous media: travelling waves and non-monotonicity
Grant via Turkish Government: PhD-student Inan Ates (2011-2016), Homotopy methods for fractional initial-boundary value equations
NDNS+ (with Sorin Pop, TUE and Majid Hassanizadeh, UU): Postdoc Simplice Nemadjieu (2012-2014), NeqFlow: a mathematical and numerical investigation of nonequilibrium effects in porous media flows
CSC-UU: PhD-student Han Zhou (2013-2017), Fractional finite differences for differential equations
Grant via Schlumberger foundation: PhD-student Sehar Iqbal (2015-2019), Multiplicity and stability of stationary PDE solutions
CSC-UU: PhD-student Hong Zhang (2015-2019), Computation of non-monotone waves and fingers in extended Buckley-Leverett models
Here is a link to the symposium Gerard 65.
Here is a weblink to our Stafcolloquium.
I was co-organizer of the following workshops: STUDY GROUP MATHEMATICS WITH INDUSTRY 2015 ( pdf file of poster), STUDY GROUP MATHEMATICS WITH INDUSTRY 2007 and NUPUS "Tau-meeting" in Eindhoven (July 17, 2009)
Het huis-of eigendomsmerk van de familie Zegeling
- Ancestors (much more information is available: you may try to contact me, if you are seriously interested)
Number of visitors to this page: 7.692.130.743
Last update of this page : 10/11/12